Dr. Harrick is a native Memphian with 21 years experience as a critical care nurse. Her study in Traditional Chinese Medicine began in 1985 after she utilized Oriental Medicine to promote healing from an illness of her own in 1983. Judi is the only Doctorate level practitioner of acupuncture in the Mid-South region and has maintained a private practice in Memphis since returning in 1990. Judi fulfilled a long-time goal by providing the vision, and the 'revolution' of Mid-South healthcare, by establishing a cooperative practice.
Judi Harrick, RN, LAc, PhD
Founder and Director
· Nationally Board Certified Acupuncturist (NCCAOM)
· Founding Member of the Integrative Task Force Committee of the TN Board of Medicine
· 2003 Trailblazer Award Winner Philanthropic Collaborative for Integrative Medicine hosted by Walter Cronkite
· 2002 Memphis Business Journal Health Care Hero Finalist
· Founder and Director of Tennessee Acupuncture Council 1996-2002
· Adjunct Professor in Preventive Medicine, University of Tennessee College of Medicine
· Clinical Instructor University of Tennessee Family Practice Residency Program
· Governor appointed to Acupuncture Advisory Board, Tennessee Board of Medicine, Elected Chairman of Acupuncture Board
· Consultant to Methodist Healthcare Corp.
· Winner of the National 2001 Vision & leadership award from NADA-National Acupuncture Detoxification Association
· Author and Registered Trainer for NADA, providing instruction across the U.S.
· Medical Qigong Practitioner since 1996, certified under Master Liang
· MSOM, The Midwest College of Oriental Medicine, Chicago
· PhD from Samra University, Los Angeles
· Intern, Lincoln Hospital, South Bronx, NY
· Intern, Chengdu College and Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Chengdu, Sichuan, Peoples Republic of China
· Studied with internationally renowned practitioners of Oriental Medicine